Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Another day...wasted

Like so many other days, 8th July 2008 goes down as another day of my professional life - royally wasted.

My worklife is so predictable. No new opportunities no new news. Work to me is confined to formatting documents and powerpoint presentations. I have been hoping and praying that my boss finds something challenging and exciting for me. Seems I dont inspire much confidence in him. I cant think of any other reason to justify the fact that my team members keep on getting work that allows them to increase their horizon of learning while I get to work on all seemingly innocuous and repeatative tasks.

Theodore Roosevelt once famously said "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing". The last part of the line definitely doesnt hold good for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That’s the ultimate irony of life…...we always overlook the things we have….opportunities, belongings….and we look for greener pastures…may be i have narrow perception regarding the same........but I do feel.

i read somewhere….whatever you are be a good one....and do your present work in a best possible way…..a simple key to happiness....it is…